Background

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

On our Way to HCA!

The boys start school next week. Well, Jones does. Freddie's class doesn't start until the following Monday (8/27). If you ask me how I'm handling it all, I'd tell you "fairly well." I will miss the flexibility of staying in our pajamas until noon every day or going to Greenville whenever I get a whim, but beyond that, I'm not at all feeling "My little guys are all grown up" yet. I mean, they ARE grown up, but they're ready for their next adventure - making new friends, learning to read, spending a couple of hours a week without each other - so I think their readiness is making ME more ready (that being said, I can already feel in my bones how much I'm going to miss them).

Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind as I walk out of Mrs. Clackett's Kindergarten classroom next Thursday morning (Freddie's teacher is Mrs. Burke).

Since they're not starting on the same day - and since I wanted pictures of them in their Back to School gear together - I decided to snap some shots this afternoon. None of them are awesome, but they'll serve the purpose of helping me remember that I went with a pencil motif for THIS first day. They'll also give me something to cry over if living with a kindergartener hits me harder than I'm expecting it to.













No comments:

Post a Comment