Last year, I'd sit in carline at Clyde First Baptist and think, "Who would DO that," as I"d watch parents walk in to pick their kids up from preschool. This year, Jones asked me to walk in to pick him up (as well as to drop him off in the morning), and I've done it happily every single day, even in this afternoon's torrential downpour.
The thing is, if I walk in, I honestly get 15-20 minutes more of his day than if I waited in carline. Given how much of his day we're handing over to Kindergarten this year (ridiculously, 8 a.m.-3 p.m; I looked but couldn't find a half-day Kindergarten anywhere), I covet every, single second I can get with my big boy. I've taken note and am not exaggerating when I say that I can pick him up, get back to my car, and be pulling away before the first car has made it through the line.
So yes, Bug. I will walk in to pick you up - even in the rain, even when it makes my straightened hair frizzy - because it means I get a handful of extra minutes with your sweet, maturing self, whom I love so very much. If you ever wonder about that, this post is your proof.

No comments:
Post a Comment