Background

Friday, August 3, 2018

"Oh, the things we used to do in Vacation Bible School!"


The boys ... well, Freddie ... spent this week doing Bible School two-a-days. With our "new neighbors," Olivia and Wren, Freddie did our church's early afternoon Five Day Club (presented by Child Evangelism Fellowship) at Vicky Godfrey's house in Canton. After a break, they headed to VBS at Canton First. Jones missed out on all but the first day of fun, because of his tonsilitis, but the rest of my van-full of pupils had a great time!

There is not a word to describe how excited I am to have Olivia and Wren so close by. I have DREAMED of neighborhood kids, since I had kids of my own. Now, we've got the Scott girls and their brother, Jasper, and Gideon Greene. I also just found out a six year old boy named Henry lives just around the corner from us, and I'm praying that the parents of one of Jones's preschool pals ends up buying the house that they love in the 'hood. Can you imagine the mayhem this crew could get in to? I am so excited and grateful just thinking about the potential of this little community.

I am also grateful for the seeds that were planted in my little boys' minds this week. I'd always ask what they learned when I picked up the kids. I didn't get a whole lot of specifics, but I know Freddie was ruminating on what he heard. Randomly last week, he asked me about Jesus dying on the Cross and if God and Jesus were boys or girls, so the wheels are spinning, and for that, I am grateful!

I hate that Jones missed most of the fun, but I'm hoping he's able to get in on things next Summer!















Jones's buddy Luke Franklin -
they were in the same class at Clyde -
came to join Jones for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment