Background

Monday, August 6, 2018

Back in the Bucket

I hope that this is how they remember Summertime - lazy days punctuated by hours passed sliding in to the so-called "big, giant bucket." Moving water from that bucket into a smaller one, pretending to feed make-believe cows from the turquoise-colored planters that held big, green ferns before the boys' black-thumbed Mama killed them. Spraying water from the hosepipe to re-enact scenes they've seen so many times on "Fireman Sam."

One of the funniest things that happened was this: Jones was sitting on his bottom, facing forward, about to ride down the slide. Freddie was on-deck, already in his position for a backwards slide as soon as Jones was done. As luck would have it, I was taking a Burst photo (which I LOVE for active activities) of the whole thing, because when I went through the Burst, I was able to see Jones sneak his hand behind his back and affix it to Freddie's swim shirt in an effort to pull Freddie into the water with Jones.

Hashtag Really Rotten.

Hashtag Hilarious.

Hashtag Brothers Gonna Brother.

Knowing that these sorts of days will soon be fewer and farther between, I feel like Kindergarten is some kind of a thief. It's sneaking in to steal my sunshine. I know they have to go. I know they've got things to learn and growing to do, but still, when they think back on Summer, I hope they remember these days as fondly as I will.


















No comments:

Post a Comment