Background

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Countdown to Haywood Christian ...

In what was their first order of business as official HCA Redwolves, Jones and Freddie (and Jeremy and I) went to a pancake breakfast fundraiser for Redwolves athletics. Held in the gym at First Baptist of Maggie Valley, the whole experience reminded me so much of all of those Hot Dog Suppers I grew up going to at Oakwood. Such happy memories.

The boys ate their pancakes, and I was able to talk some with Mrs. Rochester (Senior School Administrator) about who Freddie's teacher will be (Mrs. Clydette Burke) and how enrollment is up this year (Yay!). I'm really glad we went.

Afterwards, we headed to Staples to buy school supplies. About that, I'll just say this: school supplies are WAY more expensive than I remember them being, and the boys' lists consisted of a LOT of things that I'd expect the school to provide for itself. As I paid for Post-It Notes, several reams of copy paper, garbage bags, 3 different kinds of tape (Scotch, masking, and moving), and more, I had to ask myself, "What exactly is our tuition for?"

Still, Jeremy and I dutifully did as we were asked and walked out with $185-worth of way more than crayons and glue sticks. The boys were very excited to see it all spread out on the kitchen table and to fill their brand new pencil boxes with their new wares.

Less than two weeks until Jones Pressley is a Kindergarten man (Freddie starts on 8/27)!






Paper towels? Hand soap? Band Aids?
So, so weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment