Background

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Back to School Block Party


A couple of community churches came together tonite for a "Block Party." The event doubled as an  pportunity for the world to feast on the deliciousness that is Holy Smoke BBQ as well as an outreach for those in need of school supplies. 

The boys and I dropped by - not for the BBQ (sadly) or the school supplies (see my post from earlier today) - but rather for the fellowship, or, in the boys' cases, the Snow Cones. 

Freddie and his pal Gideon also found a ton of fun in the inflatable waterslide that was parked in the Canton First Baptist lot. Jones sure did enjoy watching them slide, and at one point, he said to me, "I wish I could go down it," but when I said, "You CAN!" Jones didn't take the bait. 

It was a beautiful nite out in the town of Canton, another one that made me grateful to be raising my babies in this kind of place. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment