But I'm getting ahead of myself.
First, let me just say that I love having Jeremy at home all the time. I hate why he's home, of course, but having him here (for as long as he ends up being here) is awesome. HE is awesome. One of the ways he demonstrates his awesome-ness is that he goes to the grocery store - like, even though I always offer to go myself, he goes, because he LIKES to go. He also likes to cook (I wish he liked to clean toilets).
![]() |
| These store pictures are TERRIBLE, because they're all iPhone, because that's all I had. The ONE time I leave the house without my camera ... |
But not anymore.
Today, we put Freddie in the front seat, and what do you know? He loved it. Since Jones didn't push him out of the passenger side opening and try to run over him in the produce aisle - a scenario neither Jeremy nor I would have bet against - we have reached another milestone, Folks.
As soon as the boys were strapped in, Jones took another one of those breaths and pointed in the direction of the bakery: "COOK-kie!"
So off we went.
Not long after we got home, it was nap time. I put Freddie down; then came Jones's turn. I asked if he wanted to read a book. This is like asking me if I want a can of Coca-Cola first thing in the morning. Of course, he did. If you read yesterday's post, it won't surprise you at all that he picked "The Big Red Tractor."
A thousand times a day, I am weakened by the cuteness of these boys. If that's tacky to say, then I am guilty as charged, because I am flipped out in love with my two little buddies.
After their naps, they continued to play in yesterday's big pile of pillows on the den floor. It actually ended up being great for Freddie, because he could stand up and not have to worry about hurting himself if he fell face forward, which he did, many times, on purpose. Win-win!
The Pressleys came over for dinner - Jeremy made barbecue, and, I'll have you know, I pulled the pork myself! - and thus ended another wonderful day!
By the way, I promise I don't intend to write every day - but if riding in the grocery car and kissing a tractor book don't warrant an entry, I don't know what does.
| There are times when I'll see a picture of one of the boys, and they'll look so much like their daddy that it stops my heart for a second. This is one of those pictures. |







No comments:
Post a Comment