For a lot of reasons, I'm trying to wean myself off of Instagram. That - and trying to remember the funny stuff my boys do every day - is why there's been such an uptick in blogposts lately. They're starting to do a lot of funny stuff, Y'all.
To be honest, though, pictures are my love language. That didn't start when Jones and Freddie were born - just ask my sister's kids and my high school friends. It has, however, reached a fever pitch, since my bringing home babies.
Thanks for indulging my obsession.
Here are some pictures from today. But first, a few highlights of our Sunday:
1) While straightening up the kitchen this morning, I heard the boys laughing. When I walked in there to see what was up, I saw that Jones had turned his pants into a hat. No wonder they were laughing.

2) Later this morning, I changed Jones's VERY stinky diaper in the playroom. Nothing wrong with that, right? I made something of an error in judgment when I left the wipes in there as I headed back to get ready for church. A few minutes later, I popped back into the playroom to see every.single.wipe pulled out of its plastic case. Jones was holding most of them - in fact, I'm surprised he shared ANY with Freddie!
I've never told him NOT to take every single wipe out of the plastic case, so I couldn't get mad at him. That's what I get for assuming he'll know not to do something. Later, as I dressed Jones, I was concerned to see his face was red and splotchy. Then I remembered, he'd been nose deep in a pack of 72 baby wipes.
That explains it.
3) It was Baptist Men's Day at Canton First! Apparently, these were an annual occurrence in Jeremy's childhood, but it's been years, since they've done one. Pastor Jay asked Jeremy to help pull it together, and I was so impressed with how well it went. To God be the glory! I'm hoping they revive this tradition, because to me, the church felt more energized than it has in a long, long time.
But what do I know?
But what do I know?
4) After the boys' naps, we took them outside to ride their tractors. We've collected quite the fleet! Jones remains scared of riding his battery-powered on, but he'll cover hell and half of Georgia in his pedal car! This is so frustrating to me!
5) We brought them in, and while I made their dinner, the boys watched "Handy Manny." Jones watched it sitting in that John Deere pedal car, and I heard Jeremy say, "Kristin! Come here! Quick!" So I did - and I hear Freddie wailing. "What happened?" I asked. Apparently, Freddie wanted to sit in the John Deere, too, so he'd tried to slide in beside Jones, who didn't even notice, until Freddie's head was in front of his face. And then Jones made it clear to "Baby" that he did NOT want to share his space. I had NO idea not-sharing started so young.
6) After dinner, the boys had their baths. I hate giving my boys baths, by the way. After getting Jones in the tub, I got Freddie stripped and pulled off his diaper. Before I could get him in the tub, he ... made me wish I hadn't taken off his diaper. Would you believe that, in almost 2.5 years of living with little boys that was just the second time I've been soaked in pee?
True story.
7) About two hours after we put the boys to bed, Chef Jeremy took some ribs over to his parents', and I watched a replay of Saturday's Kentucky game. I heard a baby crying. Typically, on the rare occasions when they wake up in the nite, I listen for a minute, and 9.9 times out of 10, they get themselves back to sleep without us intervening. Something about this cry bothered me, though, even though I wasn't exactly sure which boy it was. So I went back to check it out, and it was Freddie. When I went in to his room, I expected he'd be standing in his crib, waiting for me (as he does), but he wasn't.
He COULDN'T.
When I went in to his room, I hadn't turned on his light to keep from getting him too awake. That to say, it took me a minute to figure out what was up. In fact, I had to do it by feeling around in his crib, and what I felt was a big ball of fuzzy fleece with a head trapped in it and rearing back like someone had stepped on Superman's cape.
He'd gotten himself completely wrapped up in his blanket. And he couldn't get out.
I picked him up (it seriously took a minute to disentangle him), and he calmed down quickly and went right back to sleep. I came back into the living room and laughed at what had just happened, but a few hours' later, when I finally went to bed (we were watching a documentary on Ed Snowden & the NSA), I started thinking about how grateful I was that God had protected him from what could've become a very serious situation.
See, Y'all? There's a reason I never put big blankets in the bed with my babies! I'd just put this one in last week. Up until then, he'd been covered up with a tiny afghan my aunt crocheted him. Needless to say, we switched back to the afghan about 9 o'clock last nite.



















No comments:
Post a Comment