Believe me when I say that NOTHING has been going on. It has been the longest, slowest week ever with absolutely nothing of note to blog about (other than a trip to a park, where nothing really happened, though I did get some fun pictures of the boys).
Until today.
Today, it seemed like blog-able material was coming at me like machine gun fire. There was Jones's existential fit and Freddie's climb out of his walker. Jones colored on his Thomas the Train roller-coaster track; Freddie fed me Cheez-Its ... that he took out of his mouth, bless his heart.
So lest I forget anything, I'm sitting down now to write about it, so these sweet memories are captured forever.
When I got back to Jones's room, I couldn't see him anywhere. I wondered if he were hiding behind one of the rockers. And then I heard a little, "Maaaaa-muhhhhh" coming through the louvred door of his closet. In his rage, I guess, he'd gotten himself IN there, but he couldn't figure out how to get himself out. Before I got over there, he DID figure it out, but it was pretty adorable - the situation, that is, not the fit.
2) After his nap, Freddie was in his walker, watching "Sho" (Jones for "Special Agent Oso") and eating White Cheddar Cheez-Its. He started feeding me one for every one he ate, and THEN, he started feeding me the ONES he ate. He'd put it in his mouth and then take it out to offer to me. Isn't that "sweet" of him?
3) I very innocently said, "Oh, crap!" today. Immediately after, Jones said, "Oh, crap!" That to say ... time for Mama to watch her mouth.
4) Before bed every nite, Jones helps me clean up his playroom. I'm actually amazed with how he knows where everything goes. "Where does this belong?" I'll ask, and he'll take it and put it right where it goes. Tonite, one of the slides for his Handy Manny Flashlight was in his toolbox. I'd just thrown it in there to get it off the floor. Well, Jones picked it out and said, "no, no." It didn't belong there.
Silly me.
After I thought we were done, Jones walked over to the door and pointed to a train and a car that were hidden behind the open door. I was very impressed with his conscientious cleaning job. Wonder if he does windows?!
5) We ate hamburgers for dinner today. That meant that the boys had bite-sized pieces of hamburger meat and a torn-up bun. While the meat and the green beans were cooling, I put the buns on their trays to tide them over. Well, Freddie made quick work of his (as he always does - he'll sometimes feed himself by the fistful), but the rest of his dinner wasn't yet cool enough to feed him.
So Hungry Brother took matters into his own hands. He grabbed the arm of Jones's high chair and pulled himself - literally, moved the chair his booster seat was strapped to - right beside Jones and started picking off of his tray.
Silly me.
After I thought we were done, Jones walked over to the door and pointed to a train and a car that were hidden behind the open door. I was very impressed with his conscientious cleaning job. Wonder if he does windows?!
So Hungry Brother took matters into his own hands. He grabbed the arm of Jones's high chair and pulled himself - literally, moved the chair his booster seat was strapped to - right beside Jones and started picking off of his tray.
So all that happened TODAY, which MORE than made up for a week full of nothin'.
________________
Here are some recent pictures. If there's anything worth mentioning, I'll put it in the caption. If not, I won't!
________________
Here are some recent pictures. If there's anything worth mentioning, I'll put it in the caption. If not, I won't!
| Camden's Hurricanes basketball team played against the Oakwood Eagles at our church / school in Anderson. The boys and I went along for the game. |
![]() |
| so many memories of sitting in those same bleachers so long ago |
| Freddie was having trouble "powering" the train, so Jonesie stepped in to help. |
![]() |
| They're starting to spend MOST of the day in the playroom - since it's been to cold to get outside. |
![]() |
| Just as he pushed him on Thomas, Jones volunteered to push Freddie in the swing. Sweet boy. |
















What CUTE photos! I know how it is when you can't just pick the best (e.g., the swinging ones) because they are ALL good!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Someone's out there :) Thank you so much for reading - and commenting! I really appreciate your taking the time to do that! As for number of pictures, how grateful are you for digital cameras?!? If we still had to buy and develop film, I'd have to go back to work ... :)
DeleteThanks again for reading! I've got your post from today to check out tonite!