It may not have involved trips to Home Depot or Bed, Bath, & Beyond, but if ever there were a "pretty nice little Saturday," this had to be it ... with the exception of the three hours I spent watching UK's HORRIFIC, double-overtime victory at Texas A&M. But this post is NOT about that. And for that, I am thankful.Anyway, the day started off with our going to cousin Evan's ("E" to Jones) basketball game. Afterwards, my wonderful mother-in-law suggested that she take the boys home and feed them lunch while Jeremy and I had an impromptu date to Sid's. I said, "yes."
Resoundingly.
And then I kissed the ground on which she walks.
We picked them up and made it home just in time for the boys' naps. Jeremy and I each watched games - one of which this post is NOT about, as I've mentioned - while the boys napped, and when they woke up, it was almost time for Nan's birthday party at Aunt Dolly's.
So off we went.
The boys were just about the best behaved they've ever been - they ate well. They (meaning Jones) obeyed and pitched no fits and played with their cousins and Matchbox cars. It was absolutely fabulous how incredibly well it went.
Like I said, "pretty nice little Saturday."








No comments:
Post a Comment