Background

Friday, January 9, 2015

The Results are In!

Freddie has his one year check-up today.

Everything looks great with our little guy, I am very happy and incredibly thankful to report. What we thought might be an indicator of a food allergy, Dr. O'Donnell said is just sensitive skin around his mouth, so that's a fantastic relief and an answer to prayer, as well. His granuloma hasn't come back, which, to be honest, I didn't even know was a possibility, but Dr. O was very happy to see that it hadn't, which made me happy, too, and his only "issue" is that itty bit of eczema that flares up behind his knees and at the base of his neck.  To be honest, the neck spot is clear most of the time now. His knees are nowhere near as bad as they have been, so I'm hoping that's a good sign that he'll grow out of it.

Finally, here are his one year stats:

HEIGHT: 29.75" (47th percentile)
WEIGHT: 20 lbs., 1 oz. (12th percentile)
HEAD: 49.4 cm (99th percentile; that "99th" is NOT a typo)

For comparison's sake, at the same age, Jones weighed 6 ounces more and was a half inch shorter. His head circumference, however, was a full 1.8 cm smaller. Holy geez.

I don't know why these numbers fascinate me. I knew from his clothes (he's still in a size 12 months) that Freddie wasn't as big comparatively as he'd started out being (he pretty much skipped Newborn outfits altogether) - but I had no idea exactly how much he'd slimmed down. The doctor said his growth curve indicates that his body type is "long and lean." Why couldn't he get that physique from me?!?

Oh, and he also said that his head size may mean he walks later. Here we go again, right? It's hard to balance "an orange on toothpics." When we told Dr. O that Freddie had already stood a few times and was walking behind Jones's motorcycle, he was surprised he'd been able to do that, so hopefully, walking isn't as far off as Dr. O might have expected it'd be.

Cross your fingers.

And say a prayer of thanksgiving for a happy, healthy Freddie Bear.


No comments:

Post a Comment