We get up and do our normal thing, only instead of just Jeremy having to get dressed and out the door, all four of us have to get dressed and out the door, which is about as easy for me as getting every course of a meal ready simultaneously or having all eight rooms of the house clean at the same moment.
That's hard, y'all.
Today, though, things went way more easily than usual. After getting myself dressed, I went into Jones's room. He'd been in there by himself, sitting on the little wooden stool by his window, reading the "Read and Share Bible" we bought after my first prenatal appointment.This is common. He loves books better than any other little boy I know, and I knew he knew it was a book and that we read it every nite, but I just figured that was all he knew and that he'd call it just any other "boch."
When I went in to his room, I said, "Come here, so I can get you dressed." Very obediently (he's getting so much better about that; talk about an answer to prayer), he came right to the changing table, and as I changed him, he out of nowhere said, "Bi-ble."
Clear as anything.
"Bi-ble."
I guess it amazes me, because we don't really talk about it as the Bible. We say, "Let's read about Jesus," but I can't remember EVER saying, "Let's read your Bible."
So how'd he know?
Anyway, as I finished getting him dressed, we both kept repeating "Bi-ble," and when he was finished, he sat in a rocker to read some more. Here's a video of it; if you watch the whole thing, you'll hear "Bi-ble" for yourself.


No comments:
Post a Comment