We drove to Columbia to watch the 'Cats beat the 'Cocks, drove home, listening to the 'Heels beat the 'Noles, and, both of our teams with solid "Ws" for the day, drove to Buffalo Wild Wings for a Fried Chicken Wrap that blew my mind.
Like I said, it was a GREAT day.
It was also great to get back to our babies. Here are some funny stories from their day at Nan and Pop's:
1) Freddie is as obsessed with remotes as Jones was. Since Jones's QVC incident (ask me for more details), though, we don't allow either one of them to play with it. That doesn't make Freddie any less committed to getting ahold of his holy grail. He's downright sneaky about it (again, ask me for more details).
Anyway, while Nan was in the kitchen cooking, the boys were playing in the nearby den. Freddie got the remote. Jones went in to his Nan, motioned for her to "come here" and pointed to where Brother was holding that-which-must-not-be-held. I'm not sure if he was trying to be obedient ... or just trying to be a narc.
Either way, I like the story.
2) Freddie was in the kitchen with Nan. There are these little drawers that line her oven, and both of the boys love to dig through them (I vividly remember digging through the drawers at my Mayme's to find the Reese's Cups buried under all those green and white, folded, paper Stultz Pharmacy bags!). Well, at one point, Nan looked down and saw that Freddie had busted into some cups of Half & Half and was smiling at her with cream covering his face ... and the floor.
Must be those new teeth.
In conclusion, here's a picture of my nephew Camden having a dance off with I-don't-know-who after yesterday's game.

No comments:
Post a Comment