If Jones's mouth looks full, it's because it is. Both boys were sitting on the floor, each with his own bowl of dry cereal ("ree ree," according to Jones). For some reason, Freddie kept bypassing his bowl and trying to eat Jones's instead. Ever inventive, Jones put all of his in his mouth at once to keep his brother from getting it from him.
While I'm writing down that little anecdote, here are a couple more I want to remember:
1) I'm really trying to get Jones to close his eyes during prayers and to say "Amen" after them - just so he knows to show reverence to the act. He does really well with both, but I usually squint to see if he's keeping his eyes closed through the whole prayer. Most of the time he does, but if he doesn't, I'll motion to him to close his eyes (how very "do as I say, not as I do" of me).
Well, the other nite, we were praying for dinner, and I was watching Jones, as I always do. After a few seconds, he opened his eyes and looked at Freddie - who, by the way, was being perfectly quiet - and put his finger over his lips in a "shush" gesture.
I guess he just wanted Brother to know the type of behavior he expected?
2) The same day that Freddie stood - he hasn't done that again, by the way - Jones was pounding on the paneling with the hammer he got for Christmas - "Pat," he calls him. Thank you, Handy Manny.
Well, when Freddie saw what he was doing, he crawled over to the wall and stood beside him (leaning on the wall) and, since he didn't have a hammer of his own, he started hitting then wall with his hand.
All of that to say that I kinda feel like having boys is the greatest thing in the history of things.
Thank You, Lord, for my little buddies.


No comments:
Post a Comment