Well, Y'all, my seemingly scare-less son has met his first fright.
It wasn't being left in his own room all nite long; it wasn't being held by his 10 year-old cousin in the deep end of the swimming pool yesterday; it wasn't even eating his mama's brand of "home cooking" (which basically entails warming UP the Pop Tart before I serve it). Nope. Jones chose to flip out over the running of the vacuum cleaner.
Now, in his defense, it's not like he's heard it all that often in his ten months. I HAVE run it before, though, and it's never bothered him. But today? He was playing on the floor when I fired up Mom's Oreck, and you'd have thought I'd opened the front door to Rick Pitino. He was terrified.
Bless his little heart.
I did finish the job, though ... with him on my hip. But like any good parent, I took a video before I picked him up. Not only is it a fascinating piece of Jones's personal history; it's also excellent evidence for my case against housework ("See, Sweetie? I CAN'T clean. It traumatizes the children ...").
(UPDATE: 8/17/13 well, I thought Jones wouldn't be bothered by the vacuum, so long as someone was holding him. So today, he was in Jeremy's lap, and I started vacuuming, and Jones stopped drinking his milk, turned around to look at me, and started to whine. I'm guessing the alternatives are either to vacuum only after bedtime ... or, maybe, not to vacuum at all).
No comments:
Post a Comment