Background

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Church Pictures

"One thing I know,
and I've always known:
I am my own best friend!"
Well, I guess we're officially Baptist.

This Saturday afternoon, Jeremy, Jones, and I all dressed in our Sunday best and headed to the Fellowship Hall to have our picture taken for the latest edition of the Canton First church directory.


"Waiting, waiting,
waiting, waiting ..." 
It wasn't easy trying to find three outfits that coordinated, especially when 5/6ths of my wardrobe won't come even close to fitting. Ultimately, though, I went with what I know ... variations of red, white, and navy. If you know me well enough, you're probably sensing a trend.

We were the last sitting of the afternoon, which meant that everyone wanted to stand around and chat about how much Jones looks like Jeremy ... because I haven't heard THAT one before. For his part, Jones was perfect. He could not have been better behaved. For that I am so grateful, and the photographer had just the right mix of superhuman height and long, curly hair. For that I am also grateful, because Jones found this combination hilarious. He cackled like a hyena throughout the entire shoot. It was like he was a seven year old girl who got slap happy from staying up too late at her first sleepover.

This, of course, made for some really cute pictures of him. Because we'd just had some family photos done by Brooke Rainey Photos, we didn't order any prints for ourselves. I did, however, sneak a cell phone picture of the print that will be in the directory.

Here you have it!

Jeremy, Kristin, & Jones Pressley (not pictured: Freddie Pressley)


No comments:

Post a Comment