One of the things we're hoping to do at Disney World is take the boys to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. In true Kristin fashion, I have started WAY TOO EARLY asking the boys what they want to be for Halloween, because God forbid, I not have that nailed down five months before we leave for our mid-September trip. Jones has said he wants to be Catboy from "PJ Masks." He wants Freddie to be Gecko; he wants me to be Owlette, and he wants Jeremy to be Romeo. I was - and am! - totally on board with this.
Freddie was, too, until he suddenly discovered he has a say in the matter. After a few days of going along with Jones's "Gecko" plan, the boy who, for most of last year wanted to be Zurg and who, given the choice of stickers featuring just about every good-natured Disney character chose the one with Captain Hook on it, said he wants to be Pete - the villain from the "Goof Troop" series and "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse."
I kind of love this about him. Of course, the jokes on me if my kid turns out to be a serial killer in twenty years, but for now, the fact that he's got a thing for the bad guys kind of cracks me up. Scratch that: I think it's AWESOME. EVERYBODY wants to be the good guys, right?
When we got back in from dinner tonite, Freddie got on his jammies. Jeremy noticed that they were Jones' and tried to get Freddie to change, but as soon as I saw them, I knew why Freddie'd picked them. He wanted to pull the waistband up to his nipples like Pete wears HIS pants. Not two seconds after I'd tipped Jeremy off that that's what he wanted to do, Freddie hitched up his britches and said, "I'm PETE!"
I then asked him to make a Pete face, and he came up with this - all on his own, I am SO proud.
Maybe Jones isn't the ONLY little actor in the house!

No comments:
Post a Comment