First off, because I know you're all wondering, Jones DID get to ride Pow Pow Bullseye - on his first try. Yes, Virginia. There IS a Santa Claus. Beyond that, we rode all of the usual suspects. I forced my boys on the River Rapids ride, thinking they'd like it. Jones screamed the ENTIRE time, and when we got back to the dock, he begged the worker, "Excuse me, Captain, can I please get off of this ship?"After all of his screaming, I'm pretty sure he didn't have to ASK to get off. I honestly thought he'd settle in and enjoy it after the first rapid.
WRONG.
Not even Freddie liked it. He told Jeremy when we got back, "Pease don't ride dat boat again."
WHOOPS.
Anyway, they had a great time the rest of the day. So did I. I even got to ride most all of the rollercoasters - some of them more than once! - with the big kids, which made for a serious sense of "just like old times."I was so grateful - and even more grateful that the boys didn't pitch a single fit (Jones's Rapid reaction notwithstanding). They missed their naps and CLOSED DOLLYWOOD DOWN, and they didn't so much as act a teensy bit "cross."
I think it's because they adore "my Four" as much as I do. In fact, as we drove away, Freddie said he wanted them all to come to OUR house.
And then he snored, LOUDLY, all the way home.

























No comments:
Post a Comment