Background

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Mall Walkers

We decided to do something different. I'm not even sure why. But change, they say, is good, so after Bible Study today, the boys and I went to Chick-fil-A at the Asheville Mall, instead of Chick-fil-A on Hendersonville Road. It was a significant departure from our routine.

We went, because I wanted to get Freddie some shorts at Children's Place (obviously, what BOTH of my boys need is MORE CLOTHES ... I hope you're picking up on my sarcasm, because I'm laying it down pretty thickly). I sold the boys on the idea by telling them they could play on the "farm park" in the Food Court, but after he finished his chicken, Jones said he'd rather go play on the school bus.

So that's what they did.

For about 30 minutes.

Let me ask you this: what in the name of Heaven did moms in the pre-smartphone age DO as their children played ON A PLASTIC BUS FOR 30 MINUTES???

Something to think about.

Anyway.

When we got to the "Fun Bus," Jones said, "Freddie, you ready to ride the bus?" Freddie answered with characteristic gusto: "I'm gonna DRIVE."

Because OF COURSE, he is.

When the 30 minutes were up, I thought a photo strip would be fun (because, OF COURSE, I did). They had a BALL in that little booth by themselves. Jones kept asking me to shut the curtain and leave them alone. Do NOT tell Jeremy, but I ended up spending $15 to get three different strips, none of which are worth much, but this video (an extra $2.49; again, do NOT tell Jeremy) sure is.

I am in love with it.



From the photo booth, we walked to Old Navy, where we were seeking a Daniel Tiger shirt for our best buddy Ahjay (they didn't have any; sorry, Brooke). On our way, we passed the Easter Bunny. Naturally, both boys wanted to sit and visit with him. He looked so bored standing there that I gave in. I spied the "No Personal Photography" sign just above the one that said the cheapest photo package was $23.

As luck would have it, though, a job hunter walked up to the photographer at the exact time we went to visit the lonely bunny. I snapped some very clandestine shots, while the photographer was otherwise engaged. The boys aren't looking at the camera, because I didn't want to draw attention to my rule-break by saying, "Look here, Fellas!" So these are what they are - the Easter Bunny has been seen, and I wasn't out $23 for a pair of poor quality 4X6s that I'll never look at again.

After spending $15 in the photo booth, that's a VERY good thing.

Right, Jeremy?





No comments:

Post a Comment