Background

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Happy Birthday, E!


For about as long as he could talk, Jones has called his cousin Ellery "E." For awhile there, he called both Ellery and Evan "E," but soon enough, Evan was "Evan," but "E" remained "E."

Why he did the was bewildering - surely, my 2 year old couldn't have guessed the letter that starts the two names. Right?

Anyway, I never thought much of it, until we were celebrating E's 12th birthday tonite. That's when it hit me. "Hmmm. I wonder if 'E' is actually the 'y' of 'Ellery'?" Maybe "Ellery" was too tough a sound for his little mouth to make, so he just said what he could, instead.

We will likely never know the answer to this question, but for now, that's my theory, and I think it's a pretty darn good one, though it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that sweet E is now 12.

Happy birthday to one of my boys' best budd-Es.

No comments:

Post a Comment