Freddie is becoming QUITE the artist.Neither of my boys has ever cared much for coloring, but in the last several days, Freddie has been bringing me typing paper page upon typing paper page of pictures he's "cuckored" for me. Generally, the pictures are of "the big, giant fair," which you and I know better as "Dollywood."
I have some of these pinned up on the wall in my room and some on the refrigerator door, which, of course, only feeds the fire of his fine art frenzy. He'll come in to my room in the morning, white page flapping in the breeze behind him:
"Ma-ma! I cuckored for you!"
He BEAMS when I praise him, does my Little Mr. Words of Affirmation.
Today, he took his cuckoring to the next level.
We were at the Allens' house. Joy pulled out her girls' watercolors for Reagan Moore to play with. I told her initially my boys probably wouldn't be interested. Then, Freddie found out what was going on, and he was up to his wrist in washable paint.To be honest, I was ASTOUNDED with the final result. I was so astounded, in fact, that we stopped at Toys R Us on our way home to pick up some paint of our own, AND I'm planning to FRAME his first watercolor, because I think it's BEYOND awesome (as 3 year old's artwork goes),
Also, I'm biased.
Jones "paints" me plenty of "pictures" with the characters he creates and stories he tells; they're just not the kinds of things I can hang on the wall and put in a picture book, so Freddie's new fascination suits me just fine.

No comments:
Post a Comment