Background

Friday, October 14, 2016

Super Selfies



It's been a CRAAAAAZZZZY couple of days (weeks? months?) with Jones. My once-sweet little three year old is, all of a sudden, acting his age, and more than once I've said to Jeremy, "I don't think he even LIKES me anymore."

So today, the boys were playing in the backyard. They'd given Blue his bone(s) and were teasing him, as they do, and then Jones started playing one of his favorite games. Dogpile Mama started several weeks ago. I'll be sitting on the grass, as they play in the yard, and then, all of a sudden, they'll run over and jump on my back and, then, on each other's backs.

To be honest, it can hurt like heck, depending on how they land, but the hugs and snuggles and silly giggles are well worth it.


Today, I started snapping selfies of the situation while they were playing, and I'm so glad I did. When I look at these grainy iPhone photos, I see Jones's happy smiles and his dancing eyes and his skinny little fingers gleefully squeezing me around the neck, and I know that he DOES still love his mama.

He just has a heckuva way of showing it these days.

So these photos are my reminder - until the tiny tyrant in his mind will let him, once again, tell me himself.





No comments:

Post a Comment