Background

Friday, October 21, 2016

More Than Wonderful


The boys and I have been reading the same book the last several nites. It's one Freddie "borrowed" from his Nana's house about the wonders of God, as displayed in Creation. At the end of the book, it lists a Psalm that always makes me think about the lyrics to "How Majestic is Your Name" - so I've been singing that to them every nite - multiple times. Anyway, up to now, they'd only heard it from me. On the way to Sew and So at church this morning, though, I thought how much better it'd be if they heard it from someone who actually KNOWS how to sing it, so I downloaded Sandi Patty's 1983 recording and let 'er rip.
Not surprisingly, Jones was INSTANTLY enamored. At the end of their first listen, I heard him squeaking in the backseat, trying to hit the final high note. I had to laugh, remembering how many times my sister and I tried to hit that same high note. He was as successful as either of us ever were - which, let's be honest, wasn't very successful at all.

Still, it thrilled me that he shares the same instincts as me - and that he wanted to hear that song again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment