Because I'd rather do just about ANYTHING than sit around the house, giving the boys the opportunity to make it an even BIGGER mess, I decided on a spur of the moment yesterday to take the boys to the pumpkin patch at First United Methodist Church in Waynesville. I have a feeling this "picking of the punkin'" trip will become as much a part of our falls in Haywood County as Russian Tea at every family function.
As soon as we got there, Jones went straight for one of the largest pumpkins on the lot. I was completely fine with that, until I found out that that particular pumpkin went for $30. If I were using it for the centerpiece of my Thanksgiving spread, I'd definitely have been down with that. Knowing it was going to end up on the receiving end of Crayola and an almost four-year old, though, I decided to unilaterally enact the "You-can-pick-any-pumpkin-that-you-can-CARRY" rule. I worried this might give Jones some consternation, but thankfully, it didn't. The poor child tried and tried and tried again to move his massive gourd, but when he couldn't, he was every bit as happy with the $8 variety that Haylee Floyd somehow convinced him was just right for him (THANK YOU, HAYLEE!).
Her mother and I are now working on the documents for their arranged marriage.I promised the boys we'd paint the pumpkins today. Sure enough, we headed to Wal-Mart first thing this morning. But between there and home, Jones pitched a fit about something ridiculously insignificant and lost the privilege of painting, as a result. Freddie, on the other hand, had a BALL "cuckoring" the pumpkin that he - upon hearing Jones's was named "Reagan" - named after Reagan's brother, Brice.
The moral of the story here is that my boys want more of the Moore family in their lives.
Just let your mama get ONE good picture of you two, and we'll talk ...
![]() |
| When he finally realized he was licked ... |
![]() |
| He even tried ROLLING it to the checkout line. |
![]() |
| just like my grandfather used to do |
| Like MOST of Freddie's artistic endeavor's, today's ended in a bath - before naptime! |



















No comments:
Post a Comment