Background

Thursday, March 31, 2016

High Slidin'

A few weeks ago, the boys and I stopped at Poinsett Park in Travelers Rest. While we were there, Freddie went down the super-high, spinny slide, but Jones would have none of it.

We went back today - meeting up with my friend Christy and her three girls. Early on, Jones was as stand-offish as he'd been before. He'd stand at the top and watch Freddie go down, but he had ZERO interest in doing it himself.

Then, as I stood there talking to Christy, I suddenly turned to the slide and, to my ELATED surprise, JONES WAS GOING DOWN IT! And he kept going down it again and again and again.

I was so, so proud.

When I put him to bed tonite and asked what he was thankful for today, he said, "I'm thankful we go to the big, giant park."

Me, too, Big Boy. Me, too.






No comments:

Post a Comment