I try - though I most often fail - to document
"every day life" instead of just special events.
Seems like lately, I don't even get around to posting about the special events; nonetheless, it's always been my intent that the boys can look back at this blog and see what life was like when it was just them and me, hanging out at home, waiting on Daddy to get off work or wishing we lived closer to a Target.
In that spirit, these are some pictures from this morning. It snowed a little (barely even a dusting, though, as soon as Jones saw it this morning, he said, "Where's my shovel?!") overnight, and though the sun is out now, I have zero motivation to get dressed and go out, so we've been playing in the den - eating biscuits, watching "Barn House Barney" (Barney Goes to the Farm), and jumping in a giant pile of massive animals.Oh, and don't forget the "mow-ie." Jones brought this one - a Christmas gift - home from Mom and Daddy's yesterday. He's been mowing the den all morning. In fact, one time when he saw the scant snow on the ground, he said to me, "It's snowing! It's snowing! I can't cut da grass. Da snow is on da ground."
Of course.
The boys are also starting to show signs of kindness to each other. They are few and far between, but still, since their very existence is such a step up from the super selfish place we've been, I'm cherishing every single instance.
For example, late last week, Freddie was whining about something in the playroom, and Jones politely said, "Freddie, we have to be KIND." Yesterday, Jones was running around Mom's kitchen and fell on his head. HARD. As I sat on their stairway, consoling him, Freddie climbed up to the step where Jones and I were sitting and leaned in to kiss his big brother's forehead. It was precious.Then, this morning, Freddie was playing with the mo-wie. Jeremy said something about it, and Jones matter-of-factly said, "It's not my turn. It's Freddie's turn." PROGRESS!
Finally, they're starting to say to each other, "Do you need a hand, Buddy?" when their brother is on the ground. Today, Freddie was on the floor, and Jones was holding Woody. He walked over to Freddie and said, "Do you need some help?" He then held out Woody's plastic hand to Freddie and helped his brother stand up.
I don't want to overstate this - for every show of kindness, there are still about a thousand smacks and swipes - but still. This is the little bit of progress I thought I'd never see, so I am THRILLED with it.
Lastly, the boys had eaten their first biscuits when Jones asked for another. I was only too happy to oblige, knowing that, if the six remaining biscuits sat on the counter all day, the likelihood was high that I'd finish them off myself. We had this VERBATIM exchange (documented it immediately afterwards, so as not to forget how it went):
ME: Jones, please bring me your plate.
JONES: Here you go, Ma'am.
ME: Thank you, Sir.
JONES: Did you just call me "Sir"?
ME: Yes, I did.
JONES (not bratty, just matter of factly): You must call me "JoJo," not "Sir JoJo," just "JoJo," the BOY, the BABY.
Whatever you say, Son.
![]() |
| This is a terrible selfie of both me AND Jones, but I'm sharing it, because it's one of about two times that I've thought he looks like me. YAY! |
![]() |
![]() |






I recently had my blog put into two books from blog2post.com. Not cheap (a little better if you wait for one of their 25% off coupons), but I wanted it in paper form as well as online. Something you might want to think about eventually.
ReplyDeleteThat is great to know! I will definitely check that out! Thank you for the tip!
Deleteuh-oh - It's blog2print.com. My brain does not work right any more. :-)
ReplyDelete