Background

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Christmastime's a Comin'!


Decorating the boys' room isn't the only Christmas-prep the Pressleys have done this week. We've picked out a Christmas tree, decorated the Pressley Group, and signed off on a card design, courtesy of the one and only Brooke Rainey. Of course, the laundry still isn't folded, but first things first.

We decided to "donate" the Christmas tree that we've used for the last two years to the Pressley Group. For one thing, Jeremy's never liked it, and for another, we figure a live tree with the 250 pound root ball still on it (so we can plant it later) will be a lot more difficult for the boys to pull over on themselves, making the transfer a win-win, so yesterday afternoon, we trudged through the mud and the muck at Josh Sorrells' Cold Mountain Nursery and picked out the tree that they'll dig up and deliver one day next week. 

Both times that we've gone the live-tree route, Jeremy has had WAY stronger opinions on which one we pick than I have. I could be happy with a Charlie Brown tree. In fact, in terms of set up and clean up, I'd really prefer it. Jeremy, on the other hand, has enough of Clark Griswold in him to want the most perfect Christmas tree in the Smoky Mountains. Since he asks for so little, it's easy to give him this.

With that tree selected, we took the old tree to the Pressley Group today. I set it up, while the boys played with calculators and ate whatever they could sneak out of the candy bowl on the reception desk. The Pressley Group has already been very good to our family in SO many ways, so I'm glad we can do a little bit to spruce it up for the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. 












No comments:

Post a Comment