Background

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Jones sings "Jesus."

This is Jones after church today.
When I was a little girl at Oakwood Baptist Church in Anderson, SC, we often sang the Bill Gaither song, "Something About that Name." It was one of my favorites - and has remained so ever since. If I got scared at nite in 11 years of living alone, I'd sing it to myself, and ahhhhhhh. Instant peace. If something went wrong in the course of the day, I'd think those lyrics, and boom. All better.

Since I think about it so much, it's easy to sing to the boys. Jones especially loves it. He'll frequently ask me to sing what he calls "Jesus." In fact, it's just about the only song he ever requests. Today, as I sang it to him while putting him down for his nap (a post on THAT issue is forthcoming), I noticed he was singing every word. I knew he knew bits and pieces of it but not the entire thing, so here is a post-nap video of Jones singing the entire thing.

Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment