I was sitting in the den today, while the boys were playing in the playroom.
I overheard this conversation:
JONES: "'Beebullbeebull' spelllllllllsss???"
FREDDIE: "Bi-bull."
JONES: "That's right! That's right!"
They went through it MULTIPLE times in succession, basically repeating the song we sing together most often at lunch.
When things like this happen, it's always something of a catch-22. Once they KNOW I'm watching / listening, the spell is broken. The moment vanishes, evaporates into so many refrains of, "Mama this" and "Mama that." The flipside is, of course, that I SO WANT TO PRESERVE THESE MOMENTS, so I sat there, sorta wishing I had some kind of button on my earlobe that I could hit and record what I was hearing, but since I don't, I instead pressed my luck and snuck into the kitchen to get my camera.
Of course, they heard me, and the conversation they'd repeated immediately ceased. The best videos I could get were these where I kinda guided them through a recreation of what I'd heard earlier. It's not nearly as good as the real thing, but it's definitely better than nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment