We eased ourselves into Eastern Standard Time.After seven weeks of teaching and driving and staying in Greenville even more than usual and being away from Jeremy an average of three days a week, I am WIPED.OUT. The house is a train wreck, and I don't even KNOW how to conquer the laundry that is backed up and sprawled all over our bathroom floor, so last nite, after our Halloween celebrations, I asked Jeremy if we could skip church to just stay home, rest, and be together on this Sunday.
He didn't love the idea, but he eventually agreed.
Bless him.
It's been an amazing day. None of us even got out of our pajamas. We ate ice cream and popcorn and Skittles and leftover chili and frozen pizza, and we watched "Spooky Mickey" and NASCAR pretty much all day long.
It.was.awesome.
Here are some pictures of what was TRULY a "lazy Sunday."
![]() |
| I thought the boys looked so cute while eating their leftover chili for lunch that I decided to take a picture (or ten). |
| Seeing my camera, Jones said to Freddie, "Shh! She gonna take a cheese." |
| Here, Jones is demonstrating what to do when Mama's "gonna take a cheese." |
| Here's Jones teaching DADDY what to do when Mama's gonna take a cheese. |
| Freddie woke up from his nap way before Jones did, so he got some time alone with his Mama & Daddy. |
![]() |
| I'm gonna miss those little pumpkins on the mantle. |
![]() |
| See how good Jones is getting at "taking a cheese"?!!? |
Late this afternoon, the boys piled the giant animals and some of the couch cushions on the floor and started jumping into them like their own personal ball pit.
Finally, one of the things that I'll remember most about this Halloween season is just how many times we watched the "Spooky Mickey" episode of "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." Honestly. If we watched this thing once, we watched it ten thousand times. Today, I was able to catch Jones singing along with Pete the Werewolf. It kind of amazes me how he tries to copy him so exactly. Like, watch the pose he strikes when he howls. Mama's little mimic.
Grateful for this amazing day of wonderful rest.


















No comments:
Post a Comment