Background

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

G.O.A.T.


It will be a long, long time before this isn't my favorite picture of Jones and Freddie.

Taken yesterday as the boys were dressed to have lunch with their daddy on the day that UK played (and beat!) Duke in basketball, I see it and think how I'd give anything I have for my Mayme to see it. To see my boys - one named for her father and the other for her husband and son - dressed up like the Wildcats she loved as much as I do?

It might be more happiness than she could handle.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why I'M such a Wildcat fan - because I will do ANYTHING to be more like my Mayme, whom I miss every minute of every day.
__________

(I first heard the song below when I was a student at Furman. For a long time, I was OBSESSED with the soundtrack of this revue - mostly because it featured the incredible music of Kander and Ebb, being sung by the incredible Karen Ziemba, with whom I was also OBSESSED. 

Anyway, the "Sometimes a Day Goes By" part (starts around 1:51) has always made me think of Mayme - maybe because I first heard it around the time that she died or maybe because it perfectly expresses how I've felt since she's been gone. Either way, here it is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment