Background
Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Convos with JoJo
He'd say, "Sometimes, you just have to square your shoulders and say, 'Hey. I messed up.'" Verbatim.
Every time, he'd say that and kinda shrug his shoulders as he did. I can't tell you how well that has served me in life.
Anyway, in trying to pass that ethic on to my boys, I find myself frequently saying, "Mama made a mistake, but it's okay. I'll fix it." I actually explained to Jones a couple of weeks ago that the important things about mistakes are 1) admitting it, and 2) fixing it, so tonite, as we cleaned up the playroom, Jones couldn't get one of the puzzles to sit flush in its little cubby.
He said, "Mama, I made a mistake!"
So I helped him to put the puzzle in right.
As we finished reading at bedtime, I told him to put his book back where it belongs, and he accidentally dropped it on the floor. He then picked it up and put it on the rack.
"I made a mistake," he said, "but I fixed it."
My work here is done.
Labels:
Jones
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment