(I'm backdating this to December 1, because that's when I post all Hymns of the Months, but this month, as in many months, I kept forgetting to post it. Also, the videos below are from December 21)."Away in the Manger"
I picked this year's December Hymn of the Month, because it syncs up with what the Angel sings on the boys' Little People Nativity Set, so I thought it'd be helpful for him to know the words, so he could singalong as he played. In fact, that "singing along" makes this month's Hymn noteworthy, because it's the first month that he's started singing along with me! He's learned several over time, but this is the first one that he's gotten during the month that it was our "featured hymn."
I guess I noticed him singing "Manger," as he calls it, about halfway through December. Ever since, I've been trying to get a video of it. As you can see, it ain't always easy! You can also see that I look AWFUL, but ... whatever.
(Also, I can't hear him sing this without thinking of the "Tonto, Tarzan, Frankenstein" SNL sketch.
No comments:
Post a Comment