Background

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Convos with JoJo

I have a feeling that (usually) picture-less posts with short exchanges that I have had with one or both of the boys are about to become more common, as the they get more and more chatty. For now, I'll title Jones's "Convos with JoJo," and when they start happening with Freddie, I'll come up with a title for him; both monikers will signal that the post to follow will just be a little conversation that's too long for their daily memory books but too cute to forget.

Here's a couple from today:

First, the boys were playing in the playroom when I went in to break up a fight (one of many I broke up this morning; is it a full moon or something?!?). As I went to leave, this:

JONES: Play, Mama.
ME: You want to play? 
JONES: No, MAMA play.

It's the first time he's outright asked me to play with him, so I pulled out a CARS playmat that's been on a shelf for awhile, and I picked up Wahken and handed Jones Mater, and together we "raced" through Radiator Springs. I hope Jeremy will understand if the laundry goes undone another day.

The second story came after lunch. Jones loves to get "peechures" in any form - it can be the cardboard tag from his "Christmas britches," for all he cares. He'll carry them around and put them in his pockets and prize them like honest to goodness treasures. 

Knowing this, I gave him a postcard we'd brought home from our trip to the Eseeola Lodge. It's honestly nothing more than a 3x5 card with an image of the Lodge on its front. Here's exactly what he said (I know, because I immediately wrote it down):

"A peechure? For ME?!?! Oh, sank you, Mama! ... I like dat peechure."

I include this here, because it was so precious and such a reminder of the revelation I had on his birthday to not over do it with gifts, because we don't need ANYTHING and because I NEVER want the day to come when he isn't over- the-top excited to get something as simple as a "peechure."

No comments:

Post a Comment