One of my favorite new phrases in Jones's growing vocabulary is "Come on, Mama, Daddy, Baby, Pop, etc." The way he says it is made all the cuter by the fact that he motions with his little pointer finger when he says it.
One nite earlier this week, he'd said, "Come on, Mama" to me a couple of times, trying to get me from his room into the den. Of course, as soon as I turned on the camera to record him doing it, he quit, but here's a video of him repeating it to me on my request. You can get the gist.
At the start of the video, he's saying, "CHEESE," because he saw my phone up in camera mode and assumed I was snapping a still shot (I guess you could say he knows the drill). At the end, as he's closing the door, he's repeating to me, "I LOOOOOOOOOVE you, Ma-ma" (just in case you need help cracking the Jones code).
The boys are playing so nicely and quietly in the playroom right now. Thank God for our unused dining room - and lots of Patch the Pirate on my iPod. In addition to learning to play really well - both together and on their own - Freddie is getting WAY more verbal, too. For instance, he'll (sometimes; definitely not always) wave and say, "Hi" and "Bye." When you say, "Ready, set ...," he'll say, "... Go!" It's always in that syntax, too. There's a little pause before "Go!" And he's mastered the sign for "Thank You," if you consider "mastering" putting both hands over his mouth and then extending them forward. He's also started gesturing when he talks, exactly like Jones does. It is hilarious how much he looks like Jones when he does it.
It's not hard to see why he's communicating so well when you see the good help he has in this next video. Well, you can kinda see it. They were sitting in the kitchen, eating dinner and laughing together last nite. Jones was saying, "Ma-ma...Da-da...," trying to get Brother to copy him. It was adorable and another one of those times when I tried to sneakily flip on my camera, so I could capture the moment. As is always the case, as soon as the camera was handy, the moment was gone.
But you can at least you can see the tail end of it. You can also see Freddie Bear's really righteous table dance. Oh, and when Jones says, "No, no, Baby" after Freddie hits the table, it's because Jones got in trouble once, because he hit the table in anger when I'd told him, "No" to something, so he now assumes that ALL hitting of the table is off limits, and he is, if nothing else, perfectly capable of being sure Freddie does NOTHING that is "off limits."
One final video (because I honestly can't remember if I've posted it before, and it's a doozy). Lest you think they ALWAYS play as well together as they are right now ...
... think again (in fact, when the bickering gets to be too much, we often put one in the den and the other in the playroom).



No comments:
Post a Comment