Background

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Notes from a "Snow" Day

Yesterday was a LAAAAAZZZZZZYYYYY day. None of us even got out of our pajamas ... which is atypical for at least one of us (ahem ... Jeremy).

Other than a few pictures of the boys and Jeremy that I really love, there's nothing that warrants a post, except for a few tiny little things:

1) Every day this week, Jones has come into our room for a "cuck-le" with his mama.  It started on Monday. His daddy got him out of bed, and in Jones came to OUR bed, arms outstretched to me. When I put him on the bed beside me, he said, "I want cuck-le." Essentially the same routine has been repeated on both Tuesday and Wednesday.  I'm not gonna lie; it doesn't suck.

Well, it kinda sucks. This morning, he stood by my bedside, wearing his Masters hat and saying, "pow pow," while pointing his index finger at me.  Anybody who says little boys are not innately different from little girls has never had one.

2) Jones continued to ask for "Maaawwwwww bueeeeee" every time he was in his high chair yesterday. When it happened at "second breakfast" (in celebration of the "snow" day, Jeremy made bacon and pancakes about 10:30 a.m.), I thought, "Maybe he'd like to watch a game," so, after we ate, I turned off "Thomas" and put on the UK/USC replay. Jones was crawling around on his pile of massive animals when I thought, "Maybe a Wildcat hype video would be more fun for him," so I clicked over to YouTube, and as soon as I clicked away from the game, Jones looked at me and said, "Buuueeeee????"

That's my tiny little Wildcat.

Here's a video of Brother getting in on the action, too.



(UPDATE: As I am writing this in the den, the boys are in the playroom. When I previewed this video, Jones heard the fight song from the other room and said, "BUUUUUEEEEEEEEE," so naturally, I put the Valentines speaker in the playroom, and they're in there playing trains to the accompaniment of "Kentucky Fight."  Again, I think, "If only my Mayme were alive ...")

3) When he got up from his nap yesterday, Freddie waved and said, "Hi."  He's also started shaking his head "yes" and "no." My favorite is when I'll say, "Do you want some juice," and he'll make this crazy intense eye contact and slowly nod, "Yes."  He's really turning into the same little mimic that Jones was at his age, and I love it.

A similarity between my nephews and my boys - when Camden was a baby, he'd have been totally happy to do nothing but watch TV.  Jones is the same way.  If I don't consciously limit his TV time, he'd lay on a pile of his animal "pillows," thumb in his mouth, watching a rotation of "Tec," "Thomas," "Special Agent Oso," "Handy Manny," "Cars," and "Pooh." He does this while Freddie crawls and climbs over, under, above, and through everything in the den. Payton was just like Freddie. Except for "Baby Einstein" (thus "Paytie Einstein"), he could care less about television.

4) Freddie got in two more teeth!  Both of his first molars on the bottom are officially in, so now he has top and bottom molars, but we still wait for the eye teeth, and, this time next year, the two year molars.  After Jones's experiences with these, I'm gonna try NOT to think about those ...

And that's a rap.

Here are some pictures:







No comments:

Post a Comment