Background

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Focus: Freddie

I sometimes feel like JonesandFreddie.com is a little more focused on the former than the latter. In an effort to even things out, here's a post dedicated entirely to Freddie Bear, who is increasingly called "Freckle," though I have absolutely no idea why. He has exactly ZERO freckles.

The first picture posted below shows Freddie sitting in one of his favorite places - on the step stool that Jeremy bought me at the Hayesville Festival on the Square when we were engaged. I'm going to stop a minute to focus on the fact that, in spite of today's snow, trips to Hayesville are just a few weeks ago away.

I.can't.wait.

Back to Freckle (as I told you ...):

He sits on this stool all the time. Generally, he sits on it after he's stood on it to bang that green sign against the wall, so that the sign goes cock-eyed. Ditto that for the picture beside it. He then has a habit of pulling pieces of the (mercifully, plastic) frame on the end entirely off and waving them around like they're a conductor's baton. Or a magician's wand.

I was excited to get a picture of him sitting on the stool before Jones and I went out to play in the snow this morning (Freddie and Jeremy stayed in until later in the day). When I came in later, I caught him in the act of playing with the frame on the end. I was excited about that, too, though I'm not at all looking forward to putting that thing together - AGAIN - when it's time to "tidy up the nursery" later tonite (I think of Mary Poppins every nite when I say to Jones, "Let's go clean the playroom!").



After he got up from his nap, he was playing in the playroom when I walked in, and he'd gotten himself in to the little red wagon the Pressleys gave him for his birthday. He looked at me, like, "Push me!"

So I did.

Mostly because this kid is kinda irresistible.

Case in point:



I love this video for a couple of reasons. First of all, you can hear him saying, "Go!" He doesn't do the little pause he does when he says it on the train, for some reason.  Guess he's more ready to GO than usual? Secondly, you can hear his little giggle.  Thirdly, you can see his sweet smiles and happy eyes, and finally, you can hear him giving his little grunt-y whine, as well as the "tssss" sound he makes when he wants something. 

After he climbed out of the wagon, he eventually made it over to his books. I've mentioned before how hard it is to get him to read anything. Lately, though, I've seen him flipping through them (often upside down; see below) quite a bit.  He still won't sit on my lap to listen to a story, though. 

Baby steps.

Speaking of, maybe the NEXT all-Freddie post will be because of THOSE?!



See that little white train beside
the little white helicopter?
That train is Freddie!
He was sent to me by my friend
Elisabeth when I was pregnant with Freddie.
He's a friend of Thomas the Train.
You can probably imagine how
much I love the fact that
Thomas has a friend Frederick.



2 comments: