Background

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

"Cuckle" Bug

As usual, Freddie went to bed around 7:15.

Jones, however, got to stay up a little late tonite.

After the boys finished their dessert, I went to turn on the SEC Network for UK's 7 p.m. ballgame at Mississippi State. Jones saw the basketball uniforms on tv and, as he always does anytime he sees anyone in a uniform, said, "Buuueeeee!"

Typically, I'd have ignored his "request" to watch the game and rushed to get them both him and Freddie in bed by tip time, but tonite, the Pressleys were here, so I let the boys stay up a little to visit with their wonderful grandparents. Jones, of course, wanted to "cuckle" with his Nan on the inflatable "guest bed" I'd blown up for the boys to bounce on earlier today.

Soon enough, though, Nan and Pop had to go - they were rushing home to get up the hill to their house before it was completely covered in snow. Then Jones asked ME to "cuckle," and if Jones has ever asked you to cuckle, while giving you the "come here" gesture, you wouldn't care about bedtime, either. Especially if the Cats were off to a hot start in Starkville.

So Jeremy put poor Freddie Bear to bed. Jones and I laid on the blow up bed, our heads resting on a ginormous stuffed puppy, and we "cuckled," and we cheered for the Cats, and when the "Somethin's Got Ahold on Me" SEC Network Commercial came on, Jones's little hips started gyrating, and when it came on again, they did it again.

We watched the entire first half that way. Then I put him to bed, as usual. It was pretty much the most amazing 47 minutes of the entire day ... no, week.

2 comments:

  1. That's just about the cutest thing I've ever heard. I can't wait to hear him say 'cuckle' in person in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete