Background

Saturday, July 22, 2017

the Surprise Outside

The past couple of days have carried some unexpected surprises!

It was NO surprise that our friends came to visit on Thursday. We had a great time with our "waterpark party" in the backyard. Jones and Freddie - but particularly Freddie - did a great job letting their friends go first and, at lunch, pick the movie. I was really proud of how kindly they treated their guests. The Slip and Slide was a ROUSING success, which was also not a surprise. 
I was surprised, however, at swimming lessons that afternoon. Jones jumped off the diving block in the deep end - without a jacket on - and was able to resurface on his own and swim to the side by himself - without help ... OR, and this is the best part of it all, complaining. This GIGANTIC leap forward was a SHOCKING development and one that made me so very proud.

The bigger surprise of the day came first thing that morning, though. When I went out front to get the hose pipe for the backyard, I saw three tiny little baby beaks peeking out of one of the two nest on the wreath Aunt Belva made me earlier this Spring. Since then, the boys and I have named them (Rocky, Pinwheel, and Charlie), claimed them, and watched them grow. If Pressley Prep were in session, this would make one HECK of a science class. 

The easiest way to describe the whole spectacular situation is via InstaStory, which is quickly becoming my favorite medium for preserving the boys' histories.




























No comments:

Post a Comment