The major takeaway from this weekend's visit to the lake is that the boys would rather play around Randy Cunningham's boat ramp (Randy's the architect on our (hopefully) upcoming renovation; he has a lake house three doors down from the Pressleys') than on the boat itself.This makes me really happy. Every time we walk that way, I remember the MANY days and hours I spent at a certain boat ramp on Lake Hartwell when I was right about Jones's age. The time I spent there - with some of my favorite people - remains among the banner memories of my childhood, so I hope Jones and Freddie will look back on these days just as fondly.
In addition to loving the boat ramp, the boys LOVE doing sparklers and making S'mores. They've graduated this summer from the Mount Pleasant nursery to its children's church, and sleeping at the lake is IMPROVED, if not yet perfect.
Maybe next year.
In the meantime, here are some pictures from another wonderful weekend at one of our favorite places.

















No comments:
Post a Comment