This summer, they've proven themselves ready, so we went to the H-Bar M Rodeo at the Haywood County Fairgrounds, a place familiar to the boys after so many tractor pulls.
A couple of things about the rodeo:
1) My GOSH, they're expensive. I was thinking a couple of bucks would get us in the gate. Try $15. EACH. It was pretty ridiculous, especially given the number of sponsors whose banners were flying all over the front of the arena.
2) Rodeo Clowns are just stupid - at least, the one we saw was. He did this Jerry Lee Lewis bit where actual sparks flew out of the piano when he sang "Great Balls of Fire." The boys liked that, but honestly, I think that's the only part of the entire nite that they'll even remember. The rest of this clown's script were pure lunacy - and not in the "Hardee-har-har" way. They were just STUPID.
3) The rodeo may start at 8 p.m., but the good stuff - at this rodeo, anyway - doesn't happen until way later. I don't even know how much later, because by 9 p.m., we were all ready to cut our $15 per person losses and head home.
All in all, our rodeo experience wasn't nearly as unforgettable as I'd hoped it'd be. Next year, we'll just skip it and save our money.
![]() |
| Freddie calls that Masters bucket hat his "cowboy hat," which, naturally, is why he picked it to wear to the rodeo. |






No comments:
Post a Comment