Background

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Felix & Oscar go to school.



The boys went to school today. I am SO THANKFUL that they have felt so quickly at home at Clyde First Baptist. They love it there. The only downside is that the first OFFICIAL day of school (September 1) will feel COMPLETELY anti-climactic, as they feel like they're already full-fledged pupils. They're gonna be very confused when I put them in fresh new outfits and demand a million more pictures than usual.

Anyway, they went today, because I was having breakfast with our pastor's wife. Lisa Shepherd's awesomeness is a post for another day, but suffice it to say, I LOVE her as much as the boys love school.

When I dropped them off, Jones was still eating his biscuit from the McDonald's drive-thru. Because Freddie was through with his, he was playing around in the empty parking lot. He was running back and forth over a sewer grate when Jones told him there were alligators under there.

I think Jones expected his announcement would invoke more fear in his baby brother. Little did he know, a stinky old gator is no match for Freddie "Bear" Pressley.



When I picked them up, "Choc-what Girl" told me they'd made handprint fish. Oscar, of course, was COMPLETELY on board with these. Felix, on the other hand, preferred that they NOT dip his hand in paint. Instead, they traced his hand, and he filled it in with the exponentially more tidy paintbrush.

Finally, when we got home, Jones was getting his stuff out of the car. He ran over to the patio with his backpack strapped on a single shoulder and said, "Hey, look, Mama! I can hold it like this!"

Where in the world he saw that maneuver, I don't know, but he was VERY proud of himself. I imagine the single-strap-backpack carry will quickly become the new normal for both boys. For as polar opposite as they are, Oscar sure does want to be just like Felix.


No comments:

Post a Comment