Background

Monday, November 7, 2016

THAT just happened ...

It happened again.

By "it," I mean the boys' dragging their feet while eating their yogurt. A note about the yogurt: Activia Probiotic Yogurt has been a game changer for Jones's ... ahem ... digestion, so I am NEUROTIC about getting at least one but preferably two cups in him every day, and the thing is, they LOVE yogurt. It's just that they ALSO love playing around in the new booth Mom bought for our kitchen, which is fine, EXCEPT WHEN WE ARE UP AGAINST NAPTIME.

Anyway...

We were in our 30th minute of lunch today, which meant I'd said, "EAT YOUR YOGURT" at LEAST 30,000 times. Finally, I said it more loudly than I had been. I didn't YELL it, but it definitely came out at a higher-than-usual volume. Jones meekly put his hands over his ears and said, "Don't yell."

He didn't say this disrespectfully at all, so I sat down beside him and diplomatically said, "I'll make you a deal. I won't yell at you, if you will obey me without complaining."

By this point, he had his head resting on one arm on the table. When I said that, he looked up at me with that giant right eye and then stuck his left hand out to shake mine. "DEAL," he said, matter-of-factly.

I kid you not.

THAT just happened.

With my JUST turned four year old.

Where.in.the.world did he pick that up?

Regardlesss, our good-natured exchange seemed to have done the trick--at least temporarily. Within 90 seconds, the rest of his yogurt was gone, and soon after that, both boys were in bed.

Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment