Background

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Barbershop Shenanigans

Jeremy's been asking for a while for me to let him take the boys to the barbershop. I haven't let him but ONLY because I assumed he'd let the barber clip them basically bald. We don't disagree on much, but the length of the boys' hair is one of the things on which we do NOT see eye to eye. I don't want their hair long on the sides and backs, but the TOPS? The tops are SO much more handsome with just a little bit of length on them, in my opinion.

Jeremy, on the other hand, would have them buzz-cut, which we may do some day. Just not yet. And CERTAINLY not when it's coming on Winter, no matter WHAT the temperature is.

But today, I was too tired - or too lazy - to take a very hairy Freddie myself, so when Jeremy asked if Freddie could go get a haircut with him, I caved and gave strict instructions that our second son should NOT get scalped.

Freddie came home, looking fantastic. He told me, "I didn't pitch one, single fit." I wanted to tell him that he's NEVER pitched a fit in the chair, but I think he was just trying to draw a line between his haircut behavior and his brother's.

I feel ya', Freddie. Duly noted.

Not long after, I checked out my Facebook page and saw this post from Zeb Smathers, who'd been at the barbershop when the boys were. I thought it was absolutely hilarious, and I LOVED the picture, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment