When we got to Mom and Daddy's, I made him sing it again, so I could record it for the ages. I am especially proud of - and impressed by - the way he captures the rhythm!
2) Jones is still really into the "Blue (by that he means 'Lone') Ranger." I'm guessing THAT'S where he was inspired to say this: our babysitter, Haylee, was over one day, and she was roughhousing with Freddie. Jones was playing with his broomstick horse and said to her, "Weave my brudder alone, ya ole Lazy Daisy." It was HILARIOUS.Also, he continues to refer to the Lone Ranger's horse as "Hi Ho Silver Away." Used in a sentence: "Mama, Hi Ho Silver Away (sometimes just 'Hi Ho Silver') is hungry. Can he go to lunch with us?"
3) Just like my parents did before me - and my sister did with her kids before I did with mine - I'm really intentional about introducing my boys to the "classics." Cartoons, for instance - Sure, they love them some "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse," but they're just as excited about "Tommy Jerry," "Dripdy (Droopy)," and "the Smurfs." Lately, they've also gotten into Bugs Bunny, thanks to a $5 DVD I bought at Big Lots.
A few mornings ago, Freddie said he wanted to watch "Bugs Rabbit." Jones, acting annoyed, said, "It's BUNNNNY."
4) After church on Sunday, we went to what the boys call "The Strawberry Shop," which is what the rest of the world calls "Chili's" (but that pepper in their logo kinda DOES look like a strawberry, doesn't it?!?). There was a seat between Jeremy and Freddie, and Fred said, "This is for Reagan." I think he's a little sweet on his friend from church.Jones has been bitten by the bug, too - he named his pumpkin Reagan. He named the scarecrow on our porch Reagan, and the potty-training baby that has always just been "Baby" was re-christened "Reagan" earlier this week. Reagan's mama is about to have her third baby, so I'm hoping that means Reagan and her little brother Brice get to spend a lot more time out here with us during the day. The boys would go BANANAS.
This reminds me of last Monday. Our friend Jason brought his now-fiancee and her twin daughters over for dinner. Her girls - Sophie and Grace - are four, and the four kids hit it off like CRAZYCAKES, playing GREAT together and eating, just the four of them, in the playroom, while the grownups were in the kitchen. When Sophie and Grace went to the potty, Freddie looked around from his little wooden seat and said, "Where are the girls?" It sounded like something straight out of "White Christmas," and we all laughed at how adorable it sounded.
6) Whenever Freddie sees me looking sad, he'll say, "You happy?" And if I say, "No," he'll say, "I YOUR boy," to make me feel better.
And it usually does.
7) For MONTHS, Jones has been saying something that sounds like, "It's Belligerence" when he'd get in trouble. I thought it was a blame-shifting thing - like "Belligerence," like the bug Jones often blames, is his imaginary fall guy. Well, today, he finally said it clearly enough for me to understand him. All this time, he's been saying, "It's a BIG ACCIDENT."That makes SO much more sense.
8) Earlier this week, I went with some friends to see Dolly Parton (and Dollywood!) in Pigeon Forge. I FaceTimed the boys from the park when it was all lit up for Christmas. They were at Waffle House with Jeremy. When I showed the decorations to Jones, he said, "It's gorgeous," and then he added, "I want you to come back to YOUR house, Mama."
And so I did.
9) Anytime you give Jones medicine, he says, "Mmmmm. I'm all better," as soon as he's swallowed it.10) Freddie wants medicine CONSTANTLY. He makes up excuses, things that hurt, so he can get a shot of that sweet elixir known as Benadryl.
11) This is gross but hilarious. The other day, Jones was ... doing his business. I asked him, "Can you squeeze that stinky out?" He said, "Yes. But the stinky will not squeeze out. It needs some batteries to squeeze it out."
What size?
12) While I was at Dollywood, Lynn noticed Freddie was missing. She found him in the bathroom, washing his hands. He then started using the soap to wash some of his toys. When he saw her watching, he said, "I don't need you. Go away." Not very sweet, but still pretty funny.
So that's all that comes to mind right now. I've been trying to get most of this on paper FOR TWO WEEKS. Blogging is hard, Y'all, primarily because I'm too tired to do it, like, 89% of the time and too lazy the other 11%.
No comments:
Post a Comment