Background

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Focus on Freckle

The boys and I were reading some Thanksgiving books during dinner today. The characters in the book were listing things that made them happy, so I asked the boys, "What are some things that make YOU feel happy?" Without missing a beat, Freddie answered, "Mama."

So I let him eat candy for dinner and stay up an hour after his bedtime (I'm kidding. Bedtime is sacred, and if there were any candy in the house, I'D be the one eating it).

When I put him to bed, he asked me to "Pease sing to me in my bed," as he always does, so I climbed in to sing to him - "Jesus Loves Me" is always his first pick, followed, generally, by "Jesus," then "Deep and Wide" and "De-PART."

As I tried to climb out and leave, he grabbed hold of my neck and said, "You're stuck (which sounds more like 'duck')," and then he got a gleam in his giant blue eyes and said, "I lock you in."

And instead of getting up to go check on election returns, I let him "lock me in" for a few more minutes, reminding myself that, no matter WHO'S President, my baby boys are STILL the kings of my heart.

THAT is something that makes ME feel happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment