Background

Monday, November 7, 2016

Short Stories

1) This morning, the boys were REALLY frustrating me, because they WOULD NOT JUST SIT STILL AND EAT THEIR FREAKING BREAKFASTS, so I yelled at them, and a few minutes later, as they STILL sat there (not) eating their yogurt, I went back into the kitchen and said, "I'm sorry I yelled at you boys. That was wrong of me. I lost my temper."

Jones tenderly put his hand on my forearm and said, "Okay, but you see, there are still con-sea-quences when we sin."

I simultaneously laughed and beamed with pride.

2) Jones, who's told people he was a cowboy, since he could speak, is really into watching "Lone Ranger" episodes on YouTube (via AppleTV). This morning, he was playing with little plastic cowboys / Indians / horses (think green Army men, only with a Wild West theme).

When I asked who he had, he held up a blue guy and said, "This is the Blue Ranger." He then held out a white horse and said, "And this is Hi-Ho-Silver-Away," as if the entire phrase were the horse's name.

That's another one of those things I'm just not gonna correct, because it's too, too CUTE.

This would also be an appropriate place to note that Jones refers to "Tom & Jerry," which he LOVES, as "Tommy Jerry."

3) Also, Nana Boone gave Jones a witch / Halloween movie for his birthday. Both boys like watching it - but especially Mr. Pookys himself, Jones Pressley. When the boys were playing in the yard on Friday, they turned their golf clubs into broomsticks and flew like the witch.

I had to teach the boys to never
pick the card that your opponent
wants you to pick!
The fact that Jones has a bare chest and bare feet IN NOVEMBER is just another one of those things that I LOVE about living in the South.

4) Aunt Nancy gave Jones some card games for his birthday - Old Maid, Go Fish, and Animal Rummy. On Saturday, we broke out the Old Maid cards, and the boys were HOOKED - especially Freddie. He's had a deck of cards in his hand pretty much ever since.



Freddie and Daddy beat Jones and me,
so this was their "good game" handshake.



No comments:

Post a Comment