The best decision I've made all year was to take Lizzie Gray to see Disney on Ice with the boys and me yesterday.She was phenomenal. The boys hadn't had a nap in two days and were a little weary from all the Thanksgiving celebrating, but she was able to keep them in check in a way that I don't think I'd have had the patience for if I'd been flying solo with them.
They actually did fine, not GREAT, but there were no fits or meltdowns or anything. We met Leslie and her family at the BiLo Center (don't you TRY to make me call it something else); Jones thought Stinky was in the show (where did he get THAT idea?!?); Freddie said, "I want Mickey to sit beside me," and but the show was DEFINITELY more princess-centric than pirates, and the boys QUICKLY lost interest.
Before the end of the first half, they were both saying, "Mama, I'm ready to go." They ultimately made it through the whole thing - but without the extra hands ... and sweet spirit ... of my favorite 13 year old, I'm not sure I'D have made it through.Afterwards, we dropped Bess off, and Sissy and Camden came out to say, "Hey." Camden played "fist bump" with the boys ... which they definitely enjoyed more than they had at this year's "Dream Big" version of Disney on Ice.
OH! And let me not forget this.
Jeremy had left the boys and I behind to see the show, while he went back to work, so Mom and Daddy were driving us home afterwards. The boys were in the way back, and I was in the second row of Mom's Suburban.
Around the time we got to the NC state line, Freddie looked at the six inches between his carseat and Jones's and said, "I fink you will fit right here, Mama."
I'll tell you this - I DIDN'T fit, but I wasn't about to turn down my baby's offer, so I squeezed in and made the most of it for the next forty five minutes.



















No comments:
Post a Comment