Background

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Mama & Daddy's Day Off


Late last Summer, I won the lottery for Masters tickets. Because Jeremy has been his normal sweet self for most (just kidding - ALL) of this year, I decided to take him as my "plus one."

Isn't he SO lucky?!?

Actually, we're BOTH lucky. We were talking as we walked around Augusta National yesterday about how we've been together for five (!) years (as of February 1), and we've been to the Masters together three times since then. How's that for being "richly blessed"?!

This trip was especially terrific - I GOT TO TAKE MY CAMERA, and while I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to settings and exposure and all that, at least we have some snapshots to prove that we were there - and that we saw Tom Watson and Eisenhower Cabin and Phil Mickelson and Magnolia Lane and all of the other stuff that we've seen a thousand times but that makes Tournament Week one of my favorites of the entire year (even when I DON'T get to go to Augusta).

Yesterday's visit definitely lived up to our expectations. If I said it once, I said it a thousand times: "We could not have drawn up a more beautiful day to be at the National." Though we missed the boys like crazy cakes (and talked often about how we'd be bringing THEM in a few years!), it was great to get away for a day.

Jeremy was his typical self - passionately launching in to bits and pieces of Masters / Bobby Jones / Augusta National history as we walked the course.

For my part, I was just happy to have one of my beloved egg salad sandwiches and a reason to wear an actual outfit, instead of my stay-at-home-mom norm, which consists primarily of yoga pants and t-shirts that I've had since college.

On the drive home, I posted some pictures of us from the day on Instagram and Facebook. It amazed me how many people commented that going to the Masters was on their bucket list. That made me realize how we really ARE fortunate to be able to regularly enjoy "a tradition unlike any other."

I'm already planning for next year's.









I love the look of complete
contentment on Jeremy's face here.
He was truly in his happy place.
Phil and Bones 
Phil and Bones



Tom Watson - we crossed paths
with him a lot, which was fine by
Jeremy, as this is Watson's last
Masters as a competitor. 







No comments:

Post a Comment