Background

Friday, January 22, 2016

SNOW DAY!



SNOW DAY!

In these parts, it's not often that we get even a fraction of the snow that's forecasted. This time, though, I think we may have gotten more. By the time we woke up this morning, there were probably four or five inches on the ground. Here's Jones's response to all that snow.



Here's a transcript:

"Alright, let's go to your room and see if you have some snow out ... oh, let's go to Jojo's room, and see I have some SNOW! Snow! Snow! Snow! Snow! Snow! ... Daddy. You here? Dada! Dada! It's snowing! Yep. It's just snowing. It's here. Come check it out. It's here. Gotta check it out. It's here. Come, Freddie. Come, Buzz."

Now, at the end of the day, I'd say we have close to a foot of snow, and there's supposed to be another six inches or so more fall between now and this time tomorrow. I hate snow. That's no secret to anyone who knows me, but today, I've kind of loved it - because it was significant enough that Jeremy closed the office, and except for the 30 or so minutes that we spent outside earlier today, everything is pretty much untouched, so it's just laying there, like the thick cotton swath my grandmother'd use to decorate with at Christmas.

We made it out around 9:30 or so. Jones LOVED it. He had a ball, excitedly "skating" on the "skateboards" my parents gave all the kids for Christmas. Freddie liked the skateboarding, but he whined when we were doing pretty much anything else. The snow was so thick that it was hard for him to even walk. I don't think he cared too much for having his progress impeded.

When the sleet started falling with the snow, we decided to come back in for awhile. Before going all the way back in, the boys shed some layers and played in their makeshift second playroom on the never-used sunporch (future garage!). Then, we came in, watched some "Clubhouse," as Jones called "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse," and made some popcorn for lunch.

Tonite, we ate chili for dinner (courtesy of Jeremy) and watched "Spooky Mickey," all sprawled out on the den floor. As we ate, Jones asked if he could go skating again. I told him it was too dark now but that we would tomorrow.

And I imagine that we will.






















When I showed this picture to Jones,
I asked, "Who's this?" He said, "That's me!"
Then he corrected himself and said,
"No. It's Woody!"

This is what your house looks like when all four in your
family are stuck in a single room for most of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment